Bordeaux Day Tours: Best of Both Worlds Wine Tour Package
"Ronald and Margaret provided for us the best three days in Bordeaux I can imagine."
Transformation complete….you don’t have a care in the world. Speaking of wine, the Bordeaux Wine Experience was superb! I cannot recommend a private tour more.
A TripAdvisor Reviewer
"I would say this was an unforgettable experience"
We really, really enjoyed St. Emillion and theMedoc & the wine tours in both areas were fantastic. Each vineyard really took the time to explain to you the process they used to make their wine.
A TripAdvisor Reviewer
Three day, two nights private wine tour package Bordeaux “Best of both Worlds”
This sensational chauffeur-driven wine tour package combines the Médoc and Saint Emilion wine regions in one very special package (and includes two nights at Chateau Coulon Laurensac). Bordeaux doesn’t offer open tasting rooms and most chateaux are not open to the general public. Through our contacts you will visit three Médoc Grand Cru Chateaux as well as three St. Emilion Grand Cru Chateaux (Classified Growth).
- Tour price for this unique package: just € 1150 per person
- Rates per person, double/twin occupancy
- This package is available all year round.
- Please note: This package is a totally private wine experience and is NOT a group tour!
Day 1: Arrival at Chateau Coulon Laurensac
This unique Bordeaux package will start at Château Coulon Laurensac* where you will stay in a comfortable air-conditioned room (double or twin) with a private, en suite bathroom. After check in (between five and seven pm), we’ll welcome you with a complementary bottle of a Classified Growth from the legendary 2005 vintage. You will enjoy a cheese platter with a crisp baguette as a light dinner in your room.
Day 2: Médoc and Bordeaux
Your private day tour in the vineyards will start the next morning after breakfast. You’ll be accompanied by an English-speaking knowledgeable guide/driver for a full day to explore the vineyards of the Médoc.
You’ll discover the famous “Road of the Chateaux”: Margaux, Saint Julien, Pauillac and Saint Estèphe with all the spectacular chateaux and their famous wines.
You will visit and taste at three Classified Growths, like Chateau Pichon Longueville, Chateau Lynch Bages or Chateau Palmer for example. You will indulge in a delicious three-course lunch in an elegant local restaurant (lunch included in the package).
At the end of the day you’ll return to Bordeaux for an evening on your own. You can enjoy dinner in one of Bordeaux’s many fine restaurants, like the Michelin starred Le Chapon Fin or the famous “La Tupina”. It will be our pleasure to make a reservation for you. (Dinner and after-dinner-transfer back to the chateau are NOT included in the package).
Day 3: Saint Emilion
After another lovely breakfast in Coulon Laurensac’s conservatory you will start off for Saint Emilion.
Your English-speaking guide/driver will pick you up for another fun filled day of wine tasting.
You will explore Saint Emilion, one of the world’s most famous vineyard regions, listed as an UNESCO world heritage site. You’ll explore the beautiful medieval cobble-stoned streets. You’ll soak up the atmosphere and experience wine everywhere. You will visit and taste at three Classified Growths like Chateau Angélus, Chateau Canon or Chateau Figéac for example.
Of course you will visit one of the many wine shops in St. Emilion. We know where the wines with the best value for money are to be found. You will indulge in a delicious three-course lunch in an elegant local restaurant (lunch included in the package). At the end of the day we will drop you off at the Gare Saint Jean railway station for your return trip to Paris. By leaving the driving to us, everyone gets to participate in tasting these great wines.
This extraordinary package includes:
- Two nights at Chateau Coulon Laurensac, just 10 minutes from Bordeaux, in a comfortable air-conditioned room (double or twin) with a private, en suite bathroom and toilet.
- A cheese platter with a crisp baguette and a complementary bottle of a Médoc Grand Cru Classé or Saint Emilion Classified Growth from the legendary 2005 vintage in your room on the first night.
- Two gourmet breakfasts in the chateau’s conservatory overlooking the pool.
- Two full day Wine Tours Médoc Grand Cru and Saint Emilion Grand Cru.
- The services of an English speaking guide/driver during both days.
- Transportation by deluxe air conditioned sedan.
- Wine map and documentation on the region you are visiting.
- Three appointments for visits and tastings at Grand Cru Chateaux in the Médoc and three in Saint Emilion. Please note: entrance fees are not included in the tour price.
- Two memorable three course lunches in elegant local restaurants. You can choose your own wines for lunch (Lunch is included, drinks with lunch not included).
- Transfer back to the Bordeaux Saint Jean railway station.
- Wine accessory gift as a souvenir of your tour.
- This package is a totally private wine experience and is NOT a group tour!
- This package is available all year round and can be booked for every day of the week, depending on availability. (Limited availability in July and August).
- The chateaux mentioned in the itinerary are given as an example. Chateaux are contacted once you book your package. Appointments always depend on availabilities. Don’t worry; on each day you will visit three Classified Growths. Entrance fees are not included in the tour price.
- Your chauffeur will be professional, courteous, properly groomed and driving you in a new, clean vehicle.
- This Bordeaux Wine Experience “Best of both Worlds” package is only available in combination with a stay at Chateau Coulon Laurensac.
- The rooms at Chateau Coulon Laurensac are situated next to the Château in the former barrel hall, where the wine used to age in oak casks.
- All rooms are non-smoking!
Why take a private Bordeaux Wine Experience?
When you come to our region we love to be be your guides for day trips. In the Bordeaux region you can choose from over 10.000 wine producing chateaux. But Bordeaux doesn’t offer open tasting rooms and most chateaux are not open to the general public. It can be difficult getting in to the most interesting wine chateaux.
Selecting the wineries where you will be received in a friendly way is not always easy. Even finding them in the French countryside can be a challenge.
And then there is the language. The French are notorious for their unwillingness to speak anything other than French. Our tours always have an English-speaking guide.
Driving after a few wine tasting’s and lunch is not recommended. In the Bordeaux wine region the police is strict on the consumption of alcohol and driving. Police controls are frequent, even during daytime. That is why you will appreciate that all our trips and tours are chauffeur driven.
We can accompany you as your guide and driver for two days, or for as many days as you like. For this we have developed these unique packages. Just ask us for more information.